Senior Network Engineer
Seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join a small team supporting a Federal legacy system/closed Cisco networking environment. Efforts are focused around researching a cross-domain solution and ensuring compliance for a large technical security program. The position requires an active Cisco CCNP certification and follows a standard M-F 40 hour work week/shift schedule with no option for remote work.
- Designing, implementing, and administering and managing inventory of Cisco Networking equipment and firewall security appliances
- Day to day network maintenance,installation, configuration, operation, and troubleshooting of switched networks and network equipment
- Review, analyze, research network processes and procedures to develop and recommend improvements, QA, control plans, DR plans and security solutions for overall current and future network infrastructure
- Position requires an active Top-Secret security clearance, with SCI eligibility
- Position requires 7-12 years of specialized experience with Cisco Networking equipment, software, programming, and design.
- Position requires a current Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification and proof of certification
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Computer Engineering, or related field OR an additional 4 years of focused experience
- The Network engineer will assist SOS (System Operations Section). There are about eight people in this section of USCP with a mix of FTE’s (full time government employees and contractors) with a Team lead in charge of department.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.