Sparks Group has teamed with several prominent and successful companies in the Metro DC area to identify Payroll Specialists for contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire opportunities.
- Assist in payroll preparation required for processing semi-monthly multi-state payroll for salaried and hourly employees
- Process direct deposit authorization forms, W4 tax data and changes in employee personal data
- Process garnishments which include child supports, tax levies, student loans, WRIT of garnishments, etc.
- Assist with the auditing of payroll to ensure proper transmission
- Prepare daily ACH uploads and stop payments
- Respond to inquiries from employees and internal departments regarding payroll-related concerns
- Associate’s degree in business administration, finance or accounting preferred; experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable
- 2+ years of experience processing multi-cycle, multi-state payroll for 500+ employees
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and large ERP systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally in both verbal and written forms
- Proven and effective time management skills, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.