Sparks Group has teamed with several prominent and successful companies in the Metro DC area to identify B2B Collections Specialist for contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire opportunities.
- Notify customers of delinquent accounts by telephone, email and/or mail
- Make regularly scheduled collection calls to provide customers with account balance information and ensure promises-to-pay are met
- Review billing discrepancies including over-payments and short payments and resolve in a timely manner by requesting a credit memo or issuing a refund
- Prepare small-balance write-offs according to company policies and procedures
- Recognition of significant credit risks and escalation of these matters are critical to sales and senior management when necessary
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting to sales department and direct supervisor on customer accounts
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with managed accounts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of commercial collections experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Billing and/or Accounts Receivable knowledge is highly desired
- Strong working knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Act and state and federal laws concerning commercial collection activities
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products including Advanced Excel
- Larger ERP software experience is required
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to consistently meet deadlines and work independently using guidelines and instructions given
- Must be customer friendly and professional at all times
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.