Sparks Group has teamed with several prominent and successful companies in the Metro DC area to identify talented and motivated accounting professionals for contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire opportunities. The companies offer fantastic working environments and the opportunity to work alongside industry-leaders. Many positions are metro-accessible and close to great dining and entertainment!
- Prepare and maintain bank account documentation
- Reconcile bank account to general ledger
- Forecast cash flow and work closely with finance teams to improve cash flow accuracy
- Responsible for monthly close process for multiple customers, including preparation of journal entries, allocations, account reconciliations, and variance analysis
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reporting packages and supporting documents
- Responsible for preparing the financial submissions of all state, federal, and authorizer financial reporting requirements
- Research accounting issues and provide technical guidance for accounting transactions
- Support customer relationships and professional communications with internal departments, external departments, and external auditors
- Participate in special projects and process improvement initiatives as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 1+ years of general accounting experience
- Knowledge of and proficiency in a large ERP such as Oracle, SAP or Peoplesoft
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail, organized, and thorough
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve accounting and system issues
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.