TREASURER'S OFFICE, TREASURY PROGRAM SUPERVISOR II - CUSTOMER SERVICE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The Arlington County's Treasurer's Office is seeking a Customer Service Program Coordinator for the Operations Division to perform highly responsible administrative support duties while supervising process and technology improvements to customer service programs.
Specific duties include:
- Serving as the main point-of-contact with County agencies, vendors and software developers;
- Coordinating technology and process improvements affecting customer-facing systems and programs including identifying issues with existing systems that need improvement, analyzing issues and proposing solution options to management for customer experience improvement;
- Participating in the decision-making process and managing all phases of the project to resolve issues, from drafting system change requests, to working directly with Information Technology Programmers or vendors, testing and implementation;
- Preparing technical requirements to tax system developers on enhancements or fixes as they pertain to online payment portal, case work and file exchanges;
- Providing technical assistance and guidance to staff on difficult or unusual problems affecting the online payment portal;
- Coordinating the implementation of new software, processes, or programs for the Division;
- Providing data analysis and preparing weekly, monthly, and annual Division reports to management, the Treasurer, and other County Agencies;
- Creating and maintaining training documentation;
- Training staff on new or updated processes;
- Providing in-person, over-the-phone, or written customer service to Arlington taxpayers;
- Acting as section team leader by scheduling, coordinating, and assigning work to employees; and
- Assisting management with other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A highly developed analytical skill set, with the ability to understand complex processes from start to finish, and either anticipate problems/propose solutions or offer recommendations for improvement;
- High proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite software, especially MS Excel; and
- The ability to provide technical assistance to staff and customers on difficult or unusual system problems.
Minimum: High school diploma or the equivalent, plus three years of administrative support experience.
Desirable: Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Previous supervisory experience; and/or
- Experience working directly with the public and explaining policies and regulations to customers, preferably in a setting similar to that of the Treasurer's Office.
A pre-hire background check will be conducted on all candidates who are selected for employment. It may include checks of the following: criminal record, driving record, education, professional licensure, and credit history. You may be required to sign a release authorizing the County to obtain your background information.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The official title of this position is Treasury Program Supervisor II.
Please complete each section of the application. A resume may be attached, however, it will not substitute for the completed application. Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.