Refrigeration Mechanic II
6 days left
- Full Time
This is skilled refrigeration mechanic work.
The employee is responsible for maintaining, repairing and installing low and medium temperature commercial and residential refrigeration equipment in school kitchens, clinics, lounges, and other locations. The work includes servicing other cooled/refrigerated devices such as water coolers and dehumidifiers. The work is performed in accordance with standard practices of the trade and applicable codes and regulations. An experienced worker in this position initiates his/her own daily assignments, follows through on matters, and uses independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.
* Services, maintains, installs and performs preventive maintenance on walk-in and reach-in refrigerators and freezers; implements preventive maintenance program for refrigeration equipment and coordinates scheduling of work with supervisor.
* Diagnoses, adjusts, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance on portable milk coolers, ice cream freezers, and ice making equipment; advises when equipment is reaching the end of its useful life; recommends replacement of unreliable and outdated refrigeration and freezing equipment.
* Maintains Refrigerant Control Logs in accordance with EPA Regulations and supervisor guidance; recovers refrigerant and charges equipment, orders replacement parts and materials, coordinates installation schedule with customers.
* Serves as an Essential Employee and may be called to report to work for facility emergencies outside of normal working hours and/or during inclement weather conditions.
* May lead a team of maintenance workers; Performs related work as required.
Journeyman level experience in the refrigeration mechanic trade; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
* Must hold a Journeyman's License in the HVAC Trade (Master's HVAC License preferred)
* Must possess a Universal Refrigerant Recovery License
* Ability to perform skilled refrigeration mechanic work; to use the tools, equipment, and materials of the trade safely and efficiently; to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to read blueprints and other drawings; operate a computer tablet for work management
* Additional trade education in refrigeration, including vocational training or apprentice level training is desirable
* Must possess a valid driver's license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, climb a ladder and use an aerial lift; stoop, kneel, crouch or bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms; and lift and carry up to approximately 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to see. May occasionally be exposed to extreme temperatures or other inclement weather, and loud noises.
The Refrigeration Mechanic II reports directly to their assigned Maintenance Supervisor.