HVAC Controls Technician I
6 days left
- Full Time
The Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Controls Technician I provides technical maintenance and proper operation of the School Districts building automation systems.
These duties include, but are not limited to the installation of HVAC control systems, troubleshooting control systems, and software programing of the control systems for connectivity to the equipment and the Facilities Services Building Automation Desk. The technician is also responsible for the repair and replacement of individual building automation system components and programming to provide a comfortable and energy efficient environment for all school facilities.
* Diagnoses trouble or defect codes, determine corrective actions and repair system software/hardware
* Performs service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on building automation systems and components
* Completes and submits work orders in a computerize maintenance management system, writes various reports, and performs inventory control of building automation parts for repairs and large projects
* Participates in job site final walk thru and / or final completion for contracted work on control systems
* Coordinates with vendors/external service providers to resolve problems
* Conducts training and technical support on building control systems for other maintenance technicians
* Identifies opportunities for system upgrades, tests/verifies system to ensure optimal system operation
* Performs other work as required
* Associates degree in Building Automation (or related field) and a minimum of four (4) years' experience in the building trades, including two (2) years of experience working on building automation systems, or comparable level of education and experience to possess the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
* Knowledge of installation and programming of either Trane, Andover, Johnson Controls, or Invensys building automation control systems
* Ability to perform semi-skilled HVAC Controls work; ability to perform skilled HVAC repair work; to use the tools, equipment, and materials of the trade safely and efficiently; to communicate effectively; to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to read blueprints and other drawings; technical knowledge of building design and operations
* Journeyman HVAC Trade License (Master HVAC preferred) and CFC Universal License
* Valid drivers' license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, climb a ladder and use an aerial lift; stoop, kneel, crouch or bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms; and lift and carry up to approximately 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to see. May occasionally be exposed to extreme temperatures or other inclement weather, and loud noises.