IT Support Specialist II (1266-679)
The summary should be a brief, high level description of the job responsibilities. Include 3-5 sentences that give an overview of the position. It is not an all-inclusive description.
This is a tier II level support on critical business systems and applications to internal users utilizing desktop and laptop computers through Microsoft and Apple operating systems, related hardware and other business-related software. The incumbent will be responsible for handling tier II IT related tickets that are assigned through an ITSM ticketing system and handled within SLA’s (Service Level Agreement), up to and including devices, systems and applications that are, in some cases, essential to the function of the business and are considered high priority.Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide up to and including tier II support and resolutions for internal users, working both remotely and on-site, on hardware and software related issues assigned through ITSC’s ticketing system.
- Manage assigned tickets throughout their lifecycle in the ITSM ticketing system by documenting and resolving tickets based on SLA’s and according to ITSC policies and procedures.
- Use a desktop management system to remotely assist users, push software packages along with other workstation specific duties and accurately track USP assets inside this system.
- Maintain and manage various Print Devices including network connected multifunction printers including Distribution printers that are critical to our core business operations
- Assist with AD account administration.
- Assist with Exchange Manager administration.
- Support users through remote access (VPN and Citrix).
- Build, image, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, and other IT related equipment.
- Respond to, maintain and manage our various meeting locations computer hardware, VTC equipment, as well as the Online collaboration tools that are available to USP employees such as Cisco Jabber & WebEx
Three years of hands on experience in the IT field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in an IT service center and/or help desk environment (3 years). Relevant experience must be related to the installation, troubleshooting, deployment, building/upgrades, and imaging and of Windows operating systems and other Microsoft software. A Certification required.Preferred Qualifications
Qualified applicants are to have supported Dell desktops and laptops, HP printers and scanners and various peripherals. Some knowledge of LANs and an understanding of network protocols, including IP addressing are necessary. Experience in assisting on mid-level projects related to the Help Desk field needed. Applicants must have the ability to lift a minimum weight of 25 lbs. Successful candidates will thrive in a results-oriented environment with a strong customer service orientation and operate collaboratively at all levels of the organization in a highly technical environment. Ability to operate independently where appropriate yet understand when to escalate issues and how to establish effective working relationships in a team setting. Incumbent must clearly and concisely communicate with USP staff both orally and in written form. Well-developed organizational, interpersonal communications, writing, and strong listening skills are essential.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular