Under the direction of the Executive Director and Deputy Director, the Development Manager is a full-time position and is responsible for performing fundraising responsibilities, including but not limited to, the tasks listed below. The Development Manager is a key position that will promote the sustainability and growth of Men Can Stop Rape by building and diversifying the organization’s financial resources.
- Grant Management
- Responsible for the management of the grant program portfolio, including government, foundation, and corporate sponsorship funding
- Identifies and researches prospects and writing grants
- Tracks and reports on the performance of grants received
- Maintain database and filing system of current information about foundation, corporate, and government funders and grants received
- Coordinates and participates in grant funder meetings as appropriate
- Individual Donor Cultivation
- Maintain database to track individual donations
- Research potential individual donors and draft correspondence to potential individual donors
- Assist in creating direct mail/email solicitations
- Implement gift cultivation strategies
- Communications with Funders and Donors
- Prepare acknowledgement letters to funders and donors
- Generate communication approaches for all organizational relationships that are pertinent to funding
- Keep funders and donors regularly informed about organizational efforts and accomplishments
- Prepare Executive Director, Deputy Director, and other staff for funder and donor meetings
- Events Planning and Execution
- Assist in coordination of conferences, summits, and events
- Identify and implement small-scale special events
- Identify and connect with potential sponsors
- Develop sponsorship packets and other promotional materials and messaging
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3-5 years prior experience in Development
- At least 2 years prior experience with government grant management
- Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple responsibilities and tasks/projects effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively within a small office
- Must possess excellent communications, strategic thinking, organizational, writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with Raiser's Edge preferred
Compensation levels are commensurate with experience and training skill levels. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Positions are open until filled. No phone calls please.
Men Can Stop Rape is committed to equal opportunity in employment and, in accordance with the District of Columbia Human Rights Act of 1977, as amended, does not discriminate on the basis of "race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, source of income, and place of residence or business."