Project Manager, Marketing Creative Production (Open)
6 days left
- Full Time
Project Manager, Marketing Creative Production
Office of Marketing
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is seeking a Project Manager, Marketing Creative Production. Reporting to the Assistant Director, Marketing Creative Operations, the Project Manager, Marketing Creative Production ensures print and digital projects for the internal creative team are prioritized, scoped, scheduled, assigned, produced and delivered on time. The Project Manager manages and guides production of multiple projects by defining scope of work, assessment of resources, and shepherding projects through the creative process, to ensure projects have the proper resources available and deliverables meet high quality expectations. The Project Manager also facilitates team communication and problem solves at various stages of project development.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Has a solid understanding of production requirements for a wide range of marketing creative including print and digital ads, email, collateral and web.
• Employs project management best practices.
• Manages projects within our workflow/project management tool (Workfront).
• Prioritizes and manages the intake of marketing project requests in collaboration with the project management team.
• Schedules and assigns projects; allocates the proper resources to support the project's needs.
• Provides kick-off meeting and update meeting recaps.
• Manages and facilitates multiple projects simultaneously in a high volume fast-paced environment.
• Partners closely with other members of the project management team and supports as needed.
• Manages stakeholder relationships and expectations across UMUC departments.
• Monitors project timelines, budgets, and scope to ensure projects deliver the stated scope on-time and on-budget.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates attention to detail, and organizational and time management skills.
• Maintains a positive, healthy perspective in difficult situations, remaining focused on the tasks at hand.
• Conveys a sense of urgency to make things happen while setting and balancing priorities.
• Perceives the impact and implications of decisions and acts with all stakeholders -- client, marketing services team, and
cross-functional teams -- in mind.
• Demonstrates flexibility and a high level of personal ownership and accountability.
• Collaborates effectively with all partners and team members.
• Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 4 years of project management experience within a creative/marketing department or agency.
• Knowledge of design and production processes.
• Experience with Workfront or other workflow/project management tool strongly.
• Experience with Microsoft Office or Google documents.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• PMP preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.