Related Services Homebound Teacher
Provide a continuity of Speech-Language Therapy, Physical Therapy, or Occupational Therapy services to a variety of homebound/home-based students on a temporary basis.* Maintain and file accurate records of homebound therapy services rendered.
* Coordinate therapy services with homebound contacts, classroom teachers, and parents.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Current Board of Health Professions licensure in the area of speech-language, occupational, or physical therapy.
* Successful full-time therapeutic experience.
* Broad background of professional training and experience to adapt intervention to each student's need.
* Able to adjust to varied home situations. Demonstrates a strong commitment, a high energy level, and a variety of skills for working with children and adults.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to touch and hold objects or instruments and to type; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend, and may be required to lift up to approximately 15 pounds. Itinerant travel is required, and the employee is frequently required to change locations and adapt to multiple environments across schools, offices and home visits. Ability to drive and navigate to multiple locations occasionally within a single day is required.
Applicants are reviewed periodically. Interviews are extended periodically to qualified applicants based upon fluctuating program needs.