Corporate Development Manager
Corporate Development Manager
The Corporate Development Manager works as a full-time employee of Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. (Zeiders) in the corporate home office located in Woodbridge, VA. The position is responsible for supporting the Senior Corporate Development Manager in all aspects of leading and delivering the company’s business development activities that contributes to positive revenue growth.
The Corporate Development Manager builds and collaborates new relationships with potential clients and markets to facilitate new business growth. The Corporate Development Manager supports and manages the development of innovative strategies, business plans, and capture activities for re-compete and future work that is consistent with the overall company strategy. The Corporate Development Manager supports the Senior Corporate Development Manager with the successful execution of the company’s business development plans, opportunity pipeline and bid submission activities. The Corporate Development Manager represents the Senior Corporate Development Manager, and manages the Business Development policies, strategies, and systems within the Corporate Development Division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the management of corporate strategies and plans to capture new business leads and related activities. Support the development of short and long range business forecasts and marketing plans. Performs analytical and research activities in support of business development, strategic planning, proposal development and marketing functions.
- Manage market research and client and competitive profiles; analyze the competitive and bidding landscape (win/loss/bids); and recommend bid-no bid opportunities. Participate in analyzing and researching customer and competitor information and data.
- Identify and capture new market relationships with potential new clients and agencies. Identify and build new relationships with prospective business partners, such as: potential prime contractor relationships, potential subcontractor relationships including small, disadvantaged, and veteran-owned business; and counselor and training consultants and networks. Maintains contact with customers to ensure continued business relationships and follow-on opportunities.
- Performs and supports all capture management and proposal development. Manage and support all response (e.g. RFI, RFQ, etc.) and proposal development (RFP) activities to include proposal solutions, draft storyboards and initial outlines; win themes; and content. Organize and lead color team reviews.
- Prepare responses to RFI, RFQ, Task Order, and RFP solicitations.
- Supervise the developing, organizing and maintaining all corporate development intellectual capital, including corporate past performance qualifications, key proposal content, team member resumes, and business contacts.
- Identify teaming members (large and small) and develop mutually beneficial relationships regarding capture and proposal activities consistent with company strategy. Implement and monitor non-disclosure and teaming agreements. Serve as the company’s Small Business Liaison Officer (SBLO) and implements the company’s approved Master Subcontract Management Plan and required SBLO reporting.
- Support and manage the efforts of the company-wide Corporate Development Department and direct the daily activities of employees and independent consulting team members.
- Coordinates and updates all CD SOPs as required
- Serves as the Corporate Development Department SharePoint Administrator;
- Prepare, coordinates, and updates SharePoint Administrator SOP
- Performs as System Administrator (Sysadmin) duties for CD Deltek Capture Management Module. Specifically responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of the module; configuring system hardware and software, establishing and managing user accounts, upgrading software, and performing backup and recovery tasks.
- On an as needed basis, may be asked to assist in the performance of current contracts, corporate business operations or other associated duties as assigned.
- Possible travel as the SBLO to conferences- mainly local but might be non local CONUS only.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in management, marketing, or related field coupled with 5+ years of Federal government-related business development experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of knowledge and operational experience with military quality of life, family support programs, and/or behavioral health programs required.
- Knowledge and experience with contracting vehicles such as GSA schedules, large service oriented IDIQs and task order management. Experience with an increased focus on the Army HR Solutions IDIQ preferred.
- Knowledge of federal and DoD customers and be able to convert this knowledge into new business strategies; have customer contacts and have the ability to influence decision-makers; be knowledgeable of and able to strategically position Zeiders internally and externally for new and continued growth.
- Have a record of successful business development for mid-sized business.
- Experience with Government Contracting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project, Capture Management System, and SharePoint.
- Online Help Tools.
No Supervisory responsibilities
Physical Demands: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Works in office areas. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Uses personal computer, telephones, copiers, printers and other office equipment, and lift and move up to 10 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)