Student Trainee (Electrical Engineering)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
List of Department of Education accredited institutions: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx
Candidates must have one full year of general experience at the lower grade level or equivalent education. General experience is described as progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position.
To be eligible for an internship position, you must meet the following qualifications by the beginning of your appointment (Summer 2019):
Two full academic years of post-high school study OR possess an associate's degree AND be enrolled or registered for the summer or fall 2019 semester in an accredited engineering degree program.
At time of appointment candidates must meet the qualification requirements.
You must submit all required information by the closing date. If materials are not received, your resume will be evaluated solely on the information available and you may not receive full consideration or may not be considered eligible. The materials you send with your resume will not be returned. If you are selected at a grade lower than the highest shown in this listing, you will be placed under a career development plan and can be non-competitively promoted when you successfully complete the requirements for the higher grade. Relocation expenses will not be paid.
**Telework is NOT authorized for this position. Incumbent will be required to physically report to FERC Headquaters in Washington, DC.
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual’s employment experience will be used only to determine the person’s qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual’s personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination. Please use the following link for additional information: Mythbusters of Federal Hiring
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS IN ORDER FOR COURSEWORK TO BE VERIFIED; FAILURE TO INCLUDE TRANSCRIPTS WILL RESULT IN CANDIDATES NOT BEING CONSIDERED; TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION.
*SELF-PREPARED TRANSCRIPTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
We will review your resume to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your resume must address the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the Qualifications Section. Your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Academic knowledge of electrical engineering principles and the ability to apply those principles to assist OAL electrical engineers in addressing engineering issues in cases set for hearing or settlement judge proceedings.
- Academic knowledge of, and skill in applying, a wide range of electrical engineering theories, concepts, principles, and methods sufficient to assist OAL electrical engineers in the review of the planning and systems operations of electric utility companies.
- Ability to apply and modify formulas to make routine calculations.
- Familiarity with certain computer programs, such as MS Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint, and MS Word.
- Knowledge of mathematic principles.
- Skill in written communications in order to, for example, extract, collect, and assemble pertinent facts and statistics in report form from various sources that may require data compilation.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No