Occasional travel - Business travel is required 20% of the time.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes PCS may be authorized.
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
- All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States.
Basis for Rating: Applicants will be evaluated to determine if they meet the minimum qualification requirements and on the extent to which their application shows possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) associated with the position.
SELECTION FACTORS: Selection will be based on the judgment of the selecting official as to which applicant is best qualified to perform the duties of the position. The breadth and depth of relevant experience and knowledge, and the quality of past performance, will be the primary considerations used for selection. Professionalism, analytical abilities, organizational skills, communication skills, and interpersonal skills will be considered during the selection process. A selection panel may be used and oral interviews may be conducted with all, with some, or with none of the applicants, solely at the option of the selecting official.
IMPORTANT SELECTION FACTORS: In-depth knowledge, demonstrated legal experience, and demonstrated analytical ability in: (1) acquisition law, including past legal experience advising on defense acquisitions and specialized legal experience with contract administration, including cost-reimbursements contracts, cost accounting, and business integrity issues; and (2) fiscal law related to defense contracting.
- Applicant must have professional legal experience in excess of 3 years that is commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- BAR MEMBERSHIP: An applicant must currently be an active member, in good standing, in the bar of the highest court of a State, U.S. commonwealth, U.S. territory, or the District of Columbia.
Desirable selection factors are: (1) a demonstrated excellence in communication skills, including written and oral communications, client relations/customer support and interpersonal skills; and (2) recognized proficiency as an advocate; including the ability to balance competing interests and provide alternative course of action to advance agency interests.
Qualification requirements for Attorney positions can be found in DoD directive 1442.2, "Personnel Actions Involving Civilian Attorneys." Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications clearly reflect that all qualification requirements are met. Applicants are evaluated on quantity/quality of their relevant experience/education.
Applicant must have successfully completed a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and have the first professional law degree (LLB or JD) from that institution.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- May require overtime work.
- Relocation/Retention Incentive may be authorized.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
- You must include the announcement number on your application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available at: www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- This position is in the Excepted Service.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation% 20Allowances_0.pdf for more information.
- U.S. Citizenship is Required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Required Tour of Duty: Full Time.
- FLSA: Exempt.
- Bargaining Unit: No
- Law License and Bar Certification of Active Bar Membership in Good Standing is Required.
- This position requires the selectee to be at least 18 years old and be able to obtain and maintain favorable Department of Defense (DoD) suitability and security determinations as a prerequisite to employment. DCMA's offer of employment is conditional until the selectee passes a drug screen (if required), pre-employment security interviews, appropriate credit checks, a criminal background record and identification check, and the Department of Defense exercises its discretion to grant the selectee a favorable security determination. An employment offer DCMA management extends prior to security determination is merely tentative, and the DCMA expressly reserves the right to rescind the tentative employment offer at any time before the selectee's start date. Clearance decisions may take 90 days or longer. The regulation governing suitability for Federal employment is at Title 5, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), part 731, and DoD's Personnel Security Regulation can be found at Title 10, CFR part 154.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Quality of experience relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant's background and recency of experience, education and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must have the knowledge skills, and abilities and competencies to perform the work of the position at the appropriate level successfully.
Notice of Veterans Preference: There is no formal rating system for applying veterans' preference to attorney appointments in the excepted service; however, the Department of Defense considers veterans' preference eligibility a positive factor for attorney hiring. Applicants eligible for veterans' preference must include that information in their cover letter or resume and attach supporting documents (e.g., DD Form 214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty") to their submissions. Although the point-preference system is not used, applicants eligible to claim a 10-point preference must submit an SF 15, "Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference," and supporting documentation required for the specific type of preference claimed.