Lead IT Specialist(INFOSEC/NETWORK)
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Occupational Requirements for the 2210 series.
Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below as well as the Specialized Experience to qualify for the position:
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service- Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving- Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate
alternatives, and to make recommendations.
You may qualify at the GS-14, if you fulfill the following qualifications:
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service:
- Providing leadership and cyber security/testing/operations and Computer Network Operations/Exploitation/Defense support in Mission Assurance and Red Team Vulnerability Assessments.
- Providing detailed reports and briefings to senior leaders and outside agency contacts orally and/or in writing.
- Performing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently with minimal to no error or oversight.
- Serving as coach, facilitator and/or negotiator in coordinating team initiatives
- Conducting assessments
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
- This is a DoD Information Assurance (IA) Workforce Improvement Program (DoD 8570.01) position: New hires' must obtain the appropriate certification as identified in 8570.01 within 18 months of being assigned IA functions beginning the date they start in the position.
- Desired Professional Certifications: Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), SANS GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), SANS GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), SANS GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAP), SANS GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA).
- Desired Experience: Candidate show a minimum of 12 years CNO/CNE experience with a minimum of 5 years of technical team management on CNO or CYBER disciplines.
- May be required, at the convenience of the government, to perform extensive temporary duty travel, both within and outside of the Continental United States, by either government or commercial air transportation, and encouraged to use government quarters and messes at Temporary duty stations when available, in accordance with the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations.
For more information, please visit General Application Information and Definitions http://www.dla.mil/Portals/104/Documents/Careers/downloads/DoDGenAppInfo.pdf
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information:
https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documents, to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified below, required for this position.
Based on the results of this evaluation, you will be placed in one of the following quality categories:
Best Qualified: This highest category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position, including any selective placement factors and/or appropriate quality ranking factor(s), as determined by the job analysis.
Highly Qualified: This higher category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that exceed the minimum qualifications of the position, including any selective placement factors and/or appropriate quality ranking factor(s) as determined by the job analysis.
Qualified: This lowest category will be used for those candidates that meet the minimum qualifications of the position, including all selective placement factors and appropriate quality ranking factor(s) and are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the position. Candidates may require extensive training and/or orientation in order to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
Names of the candidates in the Best Qualified category will be sent first to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Applicants in other categories will be referred in accordance with category rating procedures.
Veterans Preference: If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency. If you are entitled to veterans' preference and qualified for the position, your name will be placed above non-preference candidates on a list sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Qualified veterans' preference eligible with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category depending on the position and grade level of the job.
For information on entitlement see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx .