MDI Software Developer
MDI Software Developer
This position will engage in interdisciplinary research related to using Twitter and other open source data sets to advance both methodologies and computer science knowledge. The position requires advanced programming and analytic skills. This position will report directly to PI Lisa Singh. The core functions will be programming, application development, web development, data analysis, and research support. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops algorithms and software that will support this research, and more generally data blending research.
- Works directly to assist Dr. Singh with her interdisciplinary research supported by the MDI, including research with faculty across campus.
- Qualified in programming, database management, software development, engineering and writing
- 3 year of working experience in Computer Science research and/or development
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to understand computer science research as it relates to social science research
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science
- Programming proficiency in JAVA, PYTHON, and C++
- Application programming skills
- Web development skills including Django
- Database administration knowledge, Postgres a plus
- Understanding of basic statistics
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.