Help Desk/ User Support Technician
At AMIDEAST we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We also pride ourselves in providing 40+ days of paid leave and a great 401k with 6% matching.
The Help Desk/ User Support Technician is responsible for the reliable, smooth functioning of user equipment; both hardware and software to facilitate the work of AMIDEAST’s personnel.
Responsibilities of the IT Specialist include, but are not limited to the following:
- Installing software or hardware, maintaining and repairing equipment, and conducting preventative maintenance and updates
- Troubleshooting and resolve different computer issues, determining and installing appropriate security measures, and configuring user computers, networks, and other equipment
- Conducting user orientation and assist with training, providing technical support on-site or via phone or email, assisting with conference room preparations for AMIDEAST events
- Coordinating with support vendors to report/resolve problems, assisting with implementing IT policies and procedures, writing and updating technical documentation
- Maintaining user equipment inventory and helping with administrative tasks such as procurement, shipping, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, editing and communication skills, and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and independently and as a team player
- Ability to conduct incident analysis and troubleshooting with a strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows OS (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in providing desktop support and applications troubleshooting with good knowledge of file server sharing and security and familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Technical Degree in Computer Science or Telecommunications
- Must have flexibility regarding working hours, when needed and a minimum of one year experience in a similar position
- Microsoft Certifications preferred: MCSA, A+, Network+
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http: // jobs. amideast. org
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation