ASIS&T seeks a highly motivated, confident and energetic self-starter to join our small team. This position is responsible for ensuring that office operations function smoothly by performing receptionist duties, providing data entry and administrative support to various departments, and handling special projects.
- Handles office administration and logistics for a staff of 6 people.
- Receives incoming calls and emails, ensuring they are responded to or routed appropriately; greets office visitors.
- Supports human resources functions, including recruiting processes and onboarding new employees.
- Enters and updates member and accounting data.
- Provides administrative support to various departments for events and special projects.
- Other duties necessary to ensure the timely and efficient flow of business.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks and special projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with ability to independently prepare smooth, clear, concise text using style and tone appropriate to the situation.
- Poise and confidence to interact with high-level industry, media and government leaders.
- Exacting attention to detail to ensure accuracy of all work product.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint; facility with other common office technology tools. Willingness to learn new applications such as database and email distribution applications.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in a business environment preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Reliable, dependable and accountable with a strong work ethic.
- Collaborative—you must be able to work within a team and across teams. A commitment to not only your own success but that of the organization.
- Passionate—you must be eager to move to the next level in an organization committed to its mission.
- Organized—you must have amazing organizational skills, able to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks at a time while adhering to deadlines.
- Problem solver—Able to think outside the box, solve problems, and offer solutions.
- ASIS&T is an association with an 80-year history of leading the information professions.
- We are a small but committed team working in a fast-moving, highly collaborative environment, offering great opportunities to work on and learn from across several departments and projects ranging from events to accounting to membership.