The purpose of this position is to contribute to the development and maintenance of an information infrastructure to support the work of the National Center for Evidence-Based Practice (N-CEP) and ASHA members working in evidence-based practice.
- Conduct systematic searches of the scholarly literature in support of committees doing evidence reviews and scholarly manuscripts developed by N-CEP staff.
- Conduct literature searches in support of the Evidence Maps. Assist with the maintenance of the Evidence Maps website content.
- Support the development and maintenance of N-CEP's information resources for ease of access by staff.
- Participate in the development of training resources.
- Assist with special projects.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor's degree in library/information sciences, social or natural science, or education
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to use Medline and other information search systems and tools to identify relevant scholarly literature
- Basic understanding of research methodology (e.g., study design, statistics) consistent with successful completion of at least one undergraduate course in research methods
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Functions well in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities