Supervisory Program Director
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation Expenses Reimbursed may be paid contingent upon the availability of funds.
You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position.
All online applicants must provide a valid email address. If your email address is inaccurate or your mailbox is full or blocked, you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
This position is excluded from the bargaining unit.
Please preview "Evaluations" section and "Qualifications" for additional requirements and Quality Ranking Factors.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. in survey research, statistics, mathematics, social sciences or a related field, plus after award of the Ph.D., six or more years of successful research, research administration, and/or managerial experience pertinent to the position; OR a Master’s degree in survey research, statistics, mathematics, social sciences or a related field plus after award of the degree, eight or more years of successful research, research administration, and/or managerial experience pertinent to the position.
This position is outside the competitive civil service.
You must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Relocation expenses MAY be paid contingent upon the availability of funds.
This announcement is open to (All US Citizens OR current NSF employees) who meet citizenship and eligibility requirements.
Federal Appropriations Law requires that Non-Citizens meet certain eligibility criteria to be considered. Therefore, Non-Citizens must certify eligibility by signing and attaching this Citizenship Affidavit to their application. Non-citizens who do not provide the affidavit at the time of application will not be considered.
This announcement may be used to fill like positions in other organizations within the National Science Foundation.
NSF has determined that all of its positions are eligible for telework. Work suitable for telework depends on job duties; therefore, employees must receive approval from their supervisor for telework and have a telework agreement in place. Entering into a telework agreement is voluntary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the extent and quality of your experience, expertise, education, and research activities relevant to the duties of the position.
We strongly encourage you to specifically address the Quality Ranking Factors below. This will ensure that you receive full consideration in the evaluation process.
Quality Ranking Factors
- Expert knowledge of advanced mathematical statistical and survey methodologies and demonstrated experience in their application to the conduct of large scale demographic and economic census and sample surveys.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a diverse staff of survey methodologists and mathematical statisticians engaged in both a research and production environment and providing leadership to staff working on one or more statistical projects. Evidence of successfully managing several contractors may partially substitute for direct supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating the statistical quality of reports and publications created from a variety of external sources such as surveys, censuses, and administrative databases. Experience in analyzing and summarizing statistical and survey data and other relevant scientific and/or administrative data to prepare reports and guides for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience as a leader in developing statistical business processes that incorporate best practices required to produce official statistics. This work includes evaluating existing products and practices for statistical and methodological quality, developing statistical guidelines and quality standards, developing a research agenda for the Center, providing expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the statistical and survey methods used in censuses and surveys, and working collaboratively and effectively with other staff in formulating and implementing the overall policies and programs of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in resource management, both fiscal and personnel, for a program that encompasses multiple activities. Such experience should include developing and monitoring the implementation of budgets and knowledge of and experience with federal procurement and contracting procedures and regulations.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No