Management and Program Analyst
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must have 1 year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower band level, or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal Service, which has equipped the applicant with the skills and knowledge to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is defined as practical experience (1) managing agency-wide internal communications (e.g., intranet, town halls, all-staff emails) that build awareness of, and connection to, the agency's programs and services and (2) identifying new internal communication trends and tools that are applicable to business and internal communications goals.
You must meet all qualification requirements before the announcement closes.
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Selectee may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Statement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Please be aware that applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
If you are selected for this position, you will be subject to a determination of your suitability for Federal employment.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one-year probationary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job. If you meet all of the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Please make sure that your responses to the assessment questions are supported in your resume. Follow all instructions carefully as incomplete answers, errors, or omissions may affect your rating. Your rating will be invalid if you fail to include a narrative reply to any assessment question(s) that requires further explanation or your reply is "see resume."
All applicants will be rated based on their responses to the assessment questions, in conjunction with the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Extensive knowledge of diverse communications vehicles and strategies, including the intranet and social media.
- Demonstrated expert professional and technical knowledge of quantitative and qualitative techniques for analyzing the effectiveness of administrative and technical programs having agency-wide impact.
- Expert knowledge of best-in-class approaches used by the government and the private sector to facilitate customer service and customer relations initiatives, including techniques for analyzing requirements and developing solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Expert project management knowledge and skill in leading groups and projects.
- Skill in demonstrating keen interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships including both technical and non-technical representatives from within and outside the agency and gain cooperation and acceptance of proposed changes in programs and operating procedures.
Veterans Preference applies to this announcement. For more information regarding veterans’ preference please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/index.aspx
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No