- Full Time
A local Reform Synagogue is seeking an experienced and outgoing Communications Coordinator to oversee and implement the development, production, and execution of all congregant and public communications (website, print and online). The ideal candidate will develop and implement a social media strategy while providing oversight and support for membership and development materials, events, and campaigns.
- Develop marketing materials for all programs, events, and fundraisers
- Work with the Executive Director and Rabbi to establish the voice and ensure the communications are accurate, well-crafted, and speak consistently across all media.
- Manage all aspects of social media activities
- Compile, edit, and write copy for monthly newsletter, weekly email communication and other promotional e-marketing, coordinating input from various departments, committees and Temple affiliate groups
- Manage numerous high-priority marketing and communication projects from development through implementation, including High Holy Day materials; Religious School communications, and congregational emails, etc.
- Track communications between congregants and clergy/staff. These communications include life cycle events.
- Serve as lead facilitator between congregants and clergy for births, brits,namings, weddings, deaths, funerals, shivas, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or other associated field; master’s degree a bonus
- 2+ years of related experience
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills - ability to engage online, on the phone and in person
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Detail oriented with the ability to balance multiple projects, work well under pressure, prioritize, meet deadlines and produce quality results on schedule
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with web editing tools, social media platforms, database programs and Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Experience with digital marketing and graphic design a plus including experience with publication design products such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Experience with email campaign products such as Constant Contact or Mail Chimp a plus
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and religious traditions or willingness to learn
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Meet Your Recruiter Julie Segor