Bus Driver II
Bus Driver II
Operates all sizes of University transit vehicles along all published routes and scheduled charters in compliance with local, federal and University regulations governing transit vehicle operations to provide safe and efficient mass transit operations for the Georgetown University community. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operates buses on daily scheduled routes to pick up students from Metro and bus stops and other off-campus locations. Operates other equipment such as golf carts for on-campus transportation.
- May operate especially equipped vans to transport students/employees with disabilities. Checks IDs or passes and/or collects money.
- Conducts pre-trip inspections and performs routine maintenance to ensure the vehicle is clean and safe to operate. Checks engine, oil and other fluids, brakes and lights. Takes corrective action as necessary to include adding fluid, changing light bulbs or informing supervisor of a problem. Checks bus/van for cleanliness and cleans as necessary.
- Follows all local motor vehicle laws and regulations and applicable University rules and guidelines to ensure efficient and safe transportation of passengers.
- Communicates with supervisor or other authorized department personnel in accordance with department guidelines to ensure effective communications. Carries a two-way radio at all times while on duty to enable department staff to notify driver of problems and special needs and to keep dispatcher notified of time of arrival and departure at each stop. Notifies supervisor immediately of problems relating to bus operation, customer complaints and related matters. Completes and submits vehicle inspection, accident and similar reports to enable department to maintain a written record of regular maintenance and problems.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of six months experience operating passenger buses and vans or similar public service or equivalent combination of training and experience acceptable
- Must have Commercial Drivers License - Class B with air brake qualifications and passenger endorsement from jurisdiction where incumbent resides
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol test
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.