- Full Time
Job Summary/Company:Are you a senior paralegal seeking a new opportunity in the healthcare field? If so, Sparks Group has partnered with a growing healthcare organization looking to add a new Paralegal to their team. This position will provide direct support to their General Counsel and legal team. If this is something you'd be interested in, please call 301-926-7800 for more info and apply!
- Provide paralegal support to the Legal Services Department
- Review, revise and draft a broad range of contracts, amendments, termination letters, legal documents and correspondence.
- Assist in-house attorneys and outside counsel in responding to subpoenas and requests for production of documents, coordinating with requesting attorney in collection of information, preparation of written responses and communication with requesting party.
- Maintain legal forms (contracts, amendments, extensions, non-disclosure agreements, etc.), including creation and maintenance of sample language to expedite contract drafting and revision process.
- Answer routine inquiries (internal and external) regarding contracts and follow-up with in-house counsel on problem issues.
- Provide support to and assist with tracking internal requests for contract review and drafting including, but not limited to, securing conflict of interest and sanctions checks and procuring information from clients to initiate and complete contract review process.
- Conduct legal research as requested.
- Work with General Counsel to draft and create new policies and procedures that are in line with HIPAA regulations.
- Perform special projects and/or additional work as needed, which may include distributing service of process, maintaining corporate registrations, staffing medical release of information requests, as well as non-legal duties
- Bachelor's Degree and/or paralegal certificate required.
- At least 5-7 years working as a paralegal at an in-house legal department or law firm.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to use technology related to data, contracts, analytics and research.
- Capable of working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Initiative and ability to take on projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal with confidential and proprietary information.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.