Student Trainee (Business and Industry)
7 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet Pathways Intern Program Eligibility Requirements as shown below by the closing date of the announcement.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment from a qualifying educational institution on a full or half-time basis.
- Applicants must be seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) and be in good academic standing (GPA of 2.5 or equivalent) to qualify for the intern program and to stay throughout the duration of their intern program.
- The duties of the position must be related to the student's academic field of study or career interests.
Applicants must meet position qualifications requirements as shown below at the time of appointment. Entrance on duty dates for appointment are scheduled for May 26, 2019; June 09, 2019; June 23, 2019; or July 07, 2019. The agency must be able to verify that the education was completed successfully before the applicant can be appointed.
- GS-02: Completion of high school or possession of a GED diploma.
- GS-03: Completion of 1 full academic year of post-high school study.
- GS-04: Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or an associate's degree.
- GS-05: Completion of 4 academic years of post-high school leading to a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree.
College Transcripts: You must submit a copy of your college transcript or high school diploma/GED certificate as proof that you meet the educational requirements for the grade to which you are applying. You may submit unofficial copies of transcripts at the initial phase of the application process; however, if selected, you will be required to submit official transcripts prior to entrance-on-duty. See "Required Documents" section for more details.
All academic degrees or course work must be completed in an educational institution that has obtained accreditation from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools that meet this criteria, see http://www.ed.gov/
This is an Excepted Service appointment. This announcement will be used to fill full-time or part-time temporary summer student internship positions and may not exceed 6 months. However, an extension of the appointment may be possible without further competition when the student intern remains eligible for the program. The appointment may also end early due to lack of work or funds.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Student Interns must continue to meet the Pathways Program requirements throughout the duration of the appointment. Incumbents will be required to provide proof of continued enrollment and good standing (cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale) each semester or grading period throughout the internship program. Failure to do so may result in termination of the appointment.
Pathways Interns may be converted to a term, career-conditional or career appointment before expiration of the original NTE appointment if that date is within 120 days of the completion of degree requirements provided all other requirements for conversion have been met; however, conversion is not guaranteed. The full performance level (FPL) of the position to which converted may be up to the GS-12 level or below. The FPL will be determined based on the career path of the position to which converted. For more information on the Pathways Intern Program, please click HERE.
To be eligible for conversion, Interns must:
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Have completed at least 640 hours of work experience acquired through the Internship Program;
- Have completed educational requirements from a qualifying institution;
- Meet the qualification requirements for the position to which the Intern will be converted;
- Meet agency-specific requirements as specified in the Participant's Agreement and;
- Have received a favorable recommendation by an official of the agency.
USDA may provide the following benefits to their student hires:
- Commuter Transit Subsidy (pending the availability of budgeted funds/allocations)
- Telework and/or Flexible work schedule (upon supervisor approval)
- Student interns with a NTE date may be eligible to enroll in the Federal Employee's Health Benefits (FEHB) Program if they meet the criteria as described in the Federal Register Vol. 79, No. 201, October 17, 2014. See http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2014-10-17/html/2014-24652.htm
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be reviewed to determine if you meet the Position Qualifications and Pathways Intern Program Eligibility Requirements listed in the "Qualifications" section above. Applicants who meet these requirements will be placed on the certificate of eligibles per the grade qualified and forwarded to the selecting official for further review and consideration. Selections will be made from the certificate of eligibles. Interviews may be conducted but are not guaranteed.
Veteran's preference applies in the arrangement of qualified applicants for all USDA Pathways Programs positions (5 CFR 302.101(a). Qualified applicants eligible for veteran's preference will be referred and considered ahead of non-veterans.
NOTE: If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you provided false documentation, you will be removed from consideration.