Deputy Associate Administrator, Federal Sealift
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Complete a one-year SES probationary period (unless already completed).
- Complete a Public Financial Disclosure report, OGE-278. You will need to provide the information annually.
- Federal Government Travel card requirement - Applicant must be able to obtain and hold a government issued travel card.
- Before entering on duty, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450. You will need to provide the information annually.
- Top Secret Security/SCI Clearance is required for this position.
As a basic requirement for entry into the Senior Executive Service (SES), you must show in your resume evidence of progressively responsible leadership experience that is indicative of senior executive level management capability; and that is directly related to the skills and abilities outlined under the Technical Qualifications and Executive Core Qualifications listed below.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (TQs): Below are descriptions of the technical qualifications that must be clearly described in your resume. Your responses must explain how your experience supports each of the TQs.
- 1) Experience which has provided an in-depth understanding of maritime industry operations and management, including strategic sealift support to the Nation.
- 2) Experience which has provided an understanding of the principles, methods, and techniques of vessel engineering, operations, repair and maintenance.
- 3) Demonstrated high-level skill in directing, administering, and managing technical programs related to vessel operation, maintenance, repair activities, and budgetary planning.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs): Below are descriptions of the ECQs that must be clearly described in your resume.
ECQ 1 - LEADING CHANGE: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment. Leadership Competencies: Creativity and Innovation, External Awareness, Flexibility, Resilience, Strategic Thinking, Vision
ECQ 2 - LEADING PEOPLE: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Leadership Competencies: Conflict Management, Leveraging Diversity, Developing Others, Team Building
ECQ 3 - RESULTS DRIVEN: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Leadership Competencies: Accountability, Customer, Decisiveness, Entrepreneurship, Problem Solving, Technical Credibility
ECQ 4 - BUSINESS ACUMEN: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically. Leadership Competencies: Financial Management, Human Capital Management, Technology Management
ECQ 5 - BUILDING COALITIONS: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals. Leadership Competencies: Partnering, Political Savvy, Influencing/Negotiating
FUNDAMENTAL COMPETENCIES: The following competencies are the foundation for success in each of the Executive Core Qualifications: Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication, Written Communication, Integrity/Honesty, Continual Learning, and Public Service Motivation. Additional information about the SES and Executive Core Qualifications can be found on the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) SES Website.
You are strongly encouraged to review OPMs Guide to SES Qualifications for specific examples and guidance on writing effective ECQ narrative statements.
Veterans' preference does not apply to the Senior Executive Service.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
An SES reviewing panel will evaluate your application based on the quality and extent of your total accomplishments, experience, and education. Applicants determined to be highly qualified may undergo an interview and a reference check.
If selected, you must be certified by an OPM Qualifications Review Board (QRB) before you can be appointed to the position, unless you are a current career SES member, former career SES member with reinstatement eligibility, or SES Candidate Development graduate and have already been certified by OPM.
To preview questions please click here.