Financial Economist (Research), CG-0110-12/13/14
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation expenses authorized.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Registration with the Selective Service.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
Basic Requirements For All Applicants:
Degree: economics, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
B. Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
YOU MUST PROVIDE ALL TRANSCRIPT(S) (unofficial copy is acceptable).
A COPY OF YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT(S) IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST DAY.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the Basic Individual Occupational Requirement above, applicants must meet the defined qualification requirements listed below:
CG-12: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the grade 11 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience working in the financial industry, a regulatory agency, or an insured financial institution using economic principles and theories to perform economic research and analyses of the financial services industry, financial markets, global economic developments, or economic policy; designing and using financial econometric models; and analyzing written reports and quantitative data.
EDUCATION: Education may be substituted for experience in qualifying for this position. If qualifying based on education, applicant must possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree. Applications will be accepted from applicants who expect to complete their Ph.D. by November 27, 2019.
Combination of education and experience: A combination of graduate level education, and specialized experience as described above, that together meet the qualification requirements for this position.
Candidates selected for the position based on education, must provide documentation of completing all requirements for a Ph. D or equivalent doctoral degree prior to entering on duty.
CG-13: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the grade 12 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience working in the financial industry, a regulatory agency, or an insured financial institution designing models as part of a publication or to meet an institutional objective, using economic principles and theories; performing economic research and analyses of the financial services industry, financial markets, global economic developments, or economic policy; analyzing written reports and quantitative data; and making recommendations.
CG-14: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the grade 13 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience working in the financial industry, a regulatory agency, or an insured financial institution using economic principles and theories in the conceptualization of large or complex economic problems and the development of new techniques; performing economic research and analyses of the financial services industry, financial markets, global economic developments, or economic policy; designing and using financial and econometric models; analyzing written reports and quantitative data; and making recommendations.
There is no substitution of education for the experience at the CG-13 and CG-14 grade level.
RESUME MUST INCLUDE MONTH/DATE/YEAR OF DEGREE EARNED
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must be qualified for this position. For more information, click here.
* This is a Direct-Hire Public Notice. Applications will be accepted for the location identified in the public notice. Veteran’s preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants DO NOT apply to positions filled under this public notice. All complete applications (transcripts must be included) will be verified for eligibility requirements and will be submitted to the hiring official upon request.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be reviewed, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
If you are found qualified, you will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
- Ability to lead and conduct research and identify techniques to solve problems.
- Skill applying the principles, theories, research methods, and techniques of economics and finance, particularly as they apply to the financial system and the operation of depository institutions.
- Ability to apply financial, statistical, and mathematical methodologies (such as econometric/time series/statistical and simulation techniques) to illustrate and support conclusions about economic and/or financial trends.
- Ability to use software such as spreadsheets, programming, database management, report writing, OX graphical presentation applications (such as SAS, Microsoft Office, and Visual Basic) to compile and provide information for analytical decisions. Plans and carries out economic analyses using multiple software packages to address economic issues related to banking, develop conclusions and present the results of the analysis.
- Ability to develop and present oral and written reports and presentations of findings and recommendations to problems.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No