TIGTA Recent Graduate Program (Program Analyst (Audit Evaluator))
50% or less - Travel of 6-10 days per month may be possible.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
To be eligible for the Recent Graduates Program, applicants must have, within the previous 2 years*, completed all educational requirements for a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying institution; or intended graduation is no more than 9 months from date of application. However, you must graduate prior to being appointed to the position. For more information on education requirements go to Treasury’s Pathways Program.
*Veterans who, due to a military service obligation, were precluded from applying to a Recent Graduates Program during any portion of the 2 year eligibility period may have their eligibility period extended so that they receive the full 2 years of eligibility. The remaining 2-year eligibility period will begin upon his or her release or discharge from active duty. The veteran's eligibility period may not extend beyond 6 years from the date of completion of all requirements of an academic course of study.
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Following the completion of program requirements, selectees may be considered for non-competitive conversion to a career-conditional or term appointment. All conversion requirements will be identified in the Participant Agreement. Program requirements include but are not limited to:
- Successful completion of at least 1-year of continuous service;
- Completion of at least 40 hours of interactive training;
- Demonstration of successful job performance; and
- Meet the qualification standards for the position to which the Recent Graduate may be converted.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE PATHWAYS PROGRAM? For additional information regarding the Pathways Program, please refer to the following website: www.usajobs.gov/StudentsAndGrads
To qualify for the GS-9, you must meet the following requirements:
A. Education- In the Recent Graduates Program you may qualify based solely on education as follows: A Masters degree or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or a LLB or JD, in a related field.
B. Specialized experience: For the GS-9, You may qualify with one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Researching laws, regulations, guidelines, or procedures and
- Collecting and/or analyzing documentation to assess risk, develop project strategy and/or support project objectives and
- Communicating status or results of work to internal or external management.
- Experience working for a tax administration organization that includes responsibility for documenting results of audits, projects or analyses in written documents.
C. You may qualify by a combination of experience and education as follows: You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Only graduate level education in excess of the first 18 semester hours (27 quarter hours) may be combined to be considered for qualifying education.
To qualify for the GS-7, you must meet the following requirements:
A. Education- In the Recent Graduates Program you may qualify based solely on education as follows:One full year of graduate level education. OR Superior Academic Achievement based on a bachelors degree that is demonstrated through class standing (upper 1/3 of class); grade point average (2.95/4.0 overall or 3.5/4.0 in major), or election to membership in a qualifying national scholastic honor society.
B. Specialized experience: For the GS-7, You may qualify with one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-5 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Conducting research for a project or assignment and
- Experience in organizing and/or analyzing information.
- Experience working for a tax administration organization that equipped the applicant with knowledge of tax administration programs or processes.
C. You may qualify by a combination of experience and education as follows: You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. To combine education and experience, the total percentage of experience at the required grade level compared to the requirement, as well as the percentage of completed education compared to the requirement must equal at least 100 percent.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• All selectees must sign a Pathways Participant Agreement.
• Subject to a 1-year trial period is required (unless already completed).
• Must successfully complete a background investigation.
• Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
• If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
• Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
• Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
• Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Analytical, Communication and Technical. Category-like rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, Qualified depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No