International Program Specialist
Occasional travel - Overseas travel may be required to underdeveloped areas
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
- Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Position may be eligible for telework.
- Overseas travel will be me required to underdeveloped areas. Some physical hardship may be encountered, such as poor road conditions, unstable political settings, climate extremes, exposure to diseases prevalent in unhealthy environments, and significantly different cultural environments.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including the following specialized experience and/or education, as identified by grade level.
FOR THE GS-11 LEVEL: In order to qualify for this position applicants must possess one year or more of specialized experience that was equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-09) in the Federal service. Specialized experience may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors and is typically gained in the same field as the position being filled or another very closely related field.
Applicants must show evidence in their resumes of possession of at least one year of the following specialized experience:
- Experience participating in the management of international agricultural development, and/or capacity building programs;
- Experience analyzing, investigating, and resolving complex international agricultural development problems and issues and making recommendations on solutions;
- Experience applying sound agricultural development and trade capacity building principles; and
- Experience communicating with others, verbally and in writing, to develop and present information to team leaders or senior managers.
EDUCATION: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in international relations, international economics, international business, international trade, business administration or related degrees or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-11 GRADE LEVEL: Applicants may have combinations of successfully completed education and specialized experience to meet total qualification requirements. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify for that grade level. To learn more about combining education and experience for this series, click the following: Combining Education and Experience for Administrative and Management Positions
TRANSCRIPTS are required if:
- You are qualifying for the position based on education.
- You are qualifying for this position based on a combination of experience and education.
- This education must have been successfully completed and obtained from an accredited school, college, or university.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education Accreditation: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education to be credited towards qualifications. Applicants must report attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. To verify your college/university accreditation, please visit: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in colleges or universities outside of the United States may be used to meet the education requirements. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
- Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc) should contact: USDA's TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).
- Direct Deposit – Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of your choosing.
- E-Verify: Federal law requires agencies to use the E-Verify system to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. If you are selected as a newly hired employee, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS 'E-VERIFY' system. Under the system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
- It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. See more information at: http://www.chcoc.gov/transmittals/TransmittalDetails.aspx?TransmittalID=6465
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
This is a Schedule B Direct-Hire Authority position in the excepted service. All applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements, to include any selective placement factor(s), if applicable, will be referred to the selecting official. Before a certificate of eligible applicants is issued to the selecting official, applicant's resumes will be reviewed to ensure that they meet all of the minimum qualification requirements. A numeric rating will not be used.
Attempts to falsify information; inflate your qualifications or providing inaccurate information may be grounds to not select you. Errors, omissions or providing inaccurate information may affect your eligibility. If selected providing inaccurate information could also be grounds for dismissing you from the position/agency. Please follow all instructions carefully.
To view the application form, visit: https://fas.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=4AE66C0A-67AA-4475-92B8-A99A00D46C6A Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No