Registered Nurse (RN) - Inpatient Wound Care - Full time
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred or currently enrolled in Bachelors of Nursing program
• Active Maryland RN license required
• Active American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
• One year of current nursing experience within inpatient wound care or related specialty in a hospital environment
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Qualifications preferred: WOCN or WCC
Inpatient, Full-Time (40 hours per week) with weekend/holiday rotations.
Able to work independently and be an active team member.
Able to work in a stressful environment with multiple demands and to respond appropriately.
Able to problem solve, prioritize task, resolve conflicts, react calmly and respond to emergencies.
Knowledgeable of professional nursing theory and practice to evaluate care.
Knowledgeable of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
Awareness of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
Able to respond to alarms, codes, answering phone and pages.
Able to read charts, labels, documentation, policies and procedures.
Able to communicate with staff, visitors, patients, and physicians in clear and concise English.
Able to meet physical requirements of sitting, walking, standing, bending, lifting and pushing and pulling.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.