Quality Assurance Manager (Management Analyst III)
Oversees quality assurance, clinical education and change management within the Medical Services Branch of the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center. Ensures adherence to medical standards of care, provide oversight for the quality improvement program and monitor and measure performance benchmarks across multiple programs to include medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, dental and optometry programs. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience and knowledge of health care quality assurance and quality improvement methodology.
Assigned functional areas are: quality assurance, change management, and clinical education.
- Independently designs, develops, and coordinates ongoing department programs and special projects;
- Performs a wide range of professional-level management work for more than one broad administrative function including complex analysis and diverse project management in a lead capacity;
- Coordinates and manages the work of administrative, para-professional, and/or professional-level staff in the day-to-day activities of selected projects. Plans, organizes, and coordinates changes to the policies, procedures, or processes related to multiple administrative functions (financial, procurement, budget, human resources, contract or grants administration, information technology systems, etc.);
- Plans and conducts or oversees studies or research activities to ensure program quality, determine unmet needs or ensure efficacy of existing programs;
- Provides guidance, recommendations, and advice to departmental managers;
- Serves on committees, task forces, and management teams to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of existing management/administrative systems;
- Writes, edits, and finalizes reports and presentations and presents findings and recommendations to department senior managers.
- Considerable knowledge of mission, goals, and objectives of the organizational unit, program, or activities to which incumbent is assigned;
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques relating to the functional area of business operation (e.g. personnel, budgeting and financial management, contract administration and management);
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques governing management, organization, operations and programmatic services;
- Ability to identify possible solutions for solving business problems;
- Ability to evaluate proposals and solutions in terms of benefits, costs, and overall impact on the project, program, or organization;
- Ability to make oral presentations to department management, other departments, or the public;
- Ability to write detailed, accurate reports, grants, or solicitations for pertinent areas of administration;
- Ability to use word processing and presentation software to prepare documents, and to use spreadsheet and statistical analysis software packages to store, manipulate, analyze and present data;
- Ability to supervise and train staff;
- Ability to lead assigned employees, including delegating and reviewing work assignments, providing coaching and guidance, monitoring and evaluating performance, and supporting training and development planning.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in field related to the assigned functional area; plus four years of professional work experience within the functional area.
- Registered Nurse License (VA) (Required upon hire).
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a credit check, a driving record check and a polygraph exam to the satisfaction of the employer.
Appointee will also have to have a tuberculosis test prior to appointment.
This position is classified as Emergency Service Personnel and will be required to report to work in emergency situations.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Nursing experience working in an Emergency Room (ER) or an Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- Background working in correctional health.
- Experience working in quality assurance/compliance within a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of health care quality assurance and quality improvement methodology.
Duties are performed in a correctional facility medical environment and require the ability to quickly assess an emergency and respond appropriately using physical strength and/or agility. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.