Management Analyst II
Manages all aspects of the Complaint Intake and Case Documentation Section. Serves as the agency representative responsible for the analysis of business processes and makes recommendations for process improvements related to performance, quality, compliance, and efficiency. Collaborates with Department of Information Technology (DIT) to ensure technological systems meet the business needs of the department. Main agency point of contact to report system technical problems to DIT. Acts as the DCC representative on the Fairfax Inspections Database Online (FIDO) system interagency steering committee and its successor system; Planning and Land Use System (PLUS). Coordinates Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) responses for the agency. Conducts system update training and training to new users.
Note: The functional areas of the position are business administration, public administration, statistics and/or computer science.
- Knowledge of the mission, goals and objectives of the organizational unit, program or activities to which incumbent is assigned;
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques relating to various functional areas of business operation (e.g., personnel, budgeting and financial management, contract administration and management);
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques governing management, organization, operations and programmatic services;
- Ability to identify and describe a range of possible solutions for solving business problems;
- Ability to apply research methods to design studies and assessments, and statistical analysis techniques to identify patterns and trends in data;
- Ability to use word processing and presentation software to prepare documents, and to use spreadsheet and statistical analysis software packages to store, manipulate, analyze and present data;
- Ability to train, lead, and/or supervise paraprofessional staff.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in the field related to the assigned functional area; plus two years of professional work experience within the functional area.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Experience managing a complaint/customer services center; progressive experience conducting analysis related to business processes and implementing process improvements; experience creating and implementing quality management guidelines and oversight; ability to analyze data and issue reports; proficiency with the Fairfax Inspections Database Online (FIDO) system or the Planning and Land Use System (PLUS); experience work on inter-agency task force or committee as the lead agency representative.
Duties are generally sedentary, performed in a normal office environment. Duties require the ability to lift small office equipment and supplies. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.