Drones, robots, automated vehicles and more: Be part of the technology revolution in one of the hottest industries today!
We are seeking a highly motivated, confident and energetic professional to join our team. This position ensures that office operations function smoothly, performs receptionist duties, provides administrative and program support to various departments, and handles special projects.
This is an ideal opportunity to take your business career to the next level, learning how to be a key contributor to the operations of a fast-paced organization leading technological change.
- Handles office administration and logistics for a staff of 35+ people.
- Receives incoming calls and emails, ensuring they are responded to or routed appropriately; greets office visitors.
- Arranges meetings in the office and at other locations, coordinating schedules, agendas, travel and logistics; prepares briefing materials and presentations.
- Supports human resources functions, including recruiting processes and onboarding new employees.
- Assists with marketing campaigns, including preparation of mass communications.
- Enters and updates customer data.
- In coordination with building management, responsible for facility maintenance, access and security. Arranges vendors to perform facility maintenance work.
- Provides administrative support to various departments for special events and projects.
- Other duties to make every day a success story!
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks and special projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with ability to independently prepare smooth, clear, concise text using style and tone appropriate to the situation.
- Poise and confidence to interact with high-level industry, media and government leaders.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint; facility with other common office technology tools. Willingness to learn new applications such as database and email distribution applications.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in a business environment preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Reliable, dependable and accountable. You don’t just put in your time, you have a strong work ethic, deep sense of accountability and are highly productive.
- Collaborative. You are able to work within a team and across teams. You are deeply invested in contributing to not just your own success but the success of your teammates and organization.
- Curious. You have a hunger for learning and aren’t satisfied unless you’re growing as a professional.
- Energetic. You are an energetic and a self-starting professional ready to take on the next challenge.
- Organized. You have amazing organizational skills, able to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks at a time. Deadlines don’t catch you by surprise.
- Flexible. Your flexibility allows you to adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment.
- An excellent communicator, with polished verbal, writing and editing skills and an impeccable eye for detail.
- Ready for growth. You have great problem solving skills, can help pull people and resources together for a common goal and ready to work toward the next level of project ownership and accountability.
- An association with the stability and history of leading this industry for over 45 years but the heart and passion to bring this emerging technology to market.
- Invested in your success! We are not successful unless you are successful and growing—professionally and personally. We take the time to share our vision, provide mentorship and guide you on a path forward. We encourage and foster professional development which may include covering the cost of courses or conferences.
- A team who works in a fast-moving, highly collaborative environment, offering great opportunities to work on and learn from across several departments and projects ranging from events to content to recruitment.
- People who take our work seriously without taking ourselves too seriously; we are excited about shaping the world to come!
We are conveniently located in the Village at Shirlington—home to fantastic restaurants and eateries, Harris Teeter and other shops.
Benefits include health plan, 401K, fitness center membership and free garage parking.
Visit www.auvsi.org for more information about us.
Are You Ready?
If you think you have the potential to succeed, apply today. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you will take this job to the next level!