Position Summary: Providing tactical support for department-wide projects and events, including editorial support and graphic design. Additional duties and responsibilities include support and implementation of grass-roots programs and staffing of committee members. This position is also responsible for creation and editing of detailed documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Layout and distribution of association newsletters as needed, including editorial support and proofreading.
- Support in-house editorial and content needs for social media, website and print materials.
- Prepare agendas, briefing materials and minutes for Communications Outreach Committee (COC).
- Compile reports, agendas, minutes, briefing and background material for departmental meetings.
- Facilitate meetings, including conference room reservations, catering, clean up, AV and serving as point person.
- Provide general administrative support as needed.
- Support, coordinate and act as primary contact for member grass-roots AgVocate program.
- Manage and create content for grass-roots tools to support AgVocates and local allied groups.
- Edit documents of various purposes for grammar and content.
- Write concise and effective talking points and background documents.
Website and Multimedia
- Assist in and act as backup for posting materials to the CropLife America website in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with design of in-house graphics for newsletters, social media outreach, web banners, etc.
- Assist in providing photography support for association events as needed.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with an ability to produce effective communications materials, including the ability to distill complex and/or technical information into concise, influential external communications using a variety of communication vehicles.
- Strong attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Document layout experience and knowledge and aptitude for graphic design.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong analytical, interpretive, evaluative and constructive thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
Education, Work Experience and/or Licensure
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Marketing or related degree.
- 4+ year experience in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- 4+ years prior experience in writing and editing copy.
- Experience working with various CMS, content sharing platforms and MailChimp.
- Experience with the Associated Press style guide.
- Must have strong command of the English language.
Physical Demands The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, stand, travel up and down stairs, crouch, stoop and reach.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position requires considerable concentration and creativity. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, tight deadlines and workload.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Travel required for this position is minimal.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.