Digital Graphic Designer
The Chronicle of Higher Education is seeking a Digital Graphic Designer to join our creative services team. As the digital designer, you’ll develop innovative design solutions that bring The Chronicle’s brand and products to life in digital forms. Working with the creative services team lead, you’ll work in a small inhouse creative services team and with key partners to ideate and produce digital assets that support a variety of business priorities, including brand and product marketing, digital product development, and interactive design to support the revenue goals of multiple lines of business.
- Timely delivery of quality digital design solutions to support brand, product, and advertiser business goals.
- Support creative services and broader marketing team in the development of a range of product and campaign assets regardless of format to ensure the timely delivery of quality materials that meet our company goals.
- Work within creative team to develop exceptional multimedia and graphic design solutions including: websites, digital advertising (html5 banners, animations, Social Media posts, emails), videos, environmental and interactive displays.
- Collaborate with developers to achieve visual design quality in scalable digital solutions.
- Develop and execute out-of-the-box and state-of-the-art digital solutions that are distinctive and effective.
- Understand UX experience and what drives customer online actions and engagement.
- Partner with inhouse design leads, user experience designer, visual designer, and development teams to inform digital product development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree is Graphic Design, Web Design, or related field preferred and 3+ years multi-channel design experience required.
- Strong design portfolio, with digital activations.
- Strong experience in Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, Animate, Premiere and After Effects.
- Experience with brainstorming and conceptualizing advertising messages.
- Ability and desire to collaborate across departments to drive up standards of digital creativity.
- Knowledge and appreciation of graphic design fundamentals, typography, and color theory.
- Appreciation for simplicity and speed in design.
- Presentation skills and ability to describe the business strategy, story, design execution and technology behind the work.
How to Apply:
We’d love to hear from you. Please send your salary requirement, resume, and a portfolio of your work to email@example.com with “digital designer” in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. Our salaries are competitive, and we offer excellent benefits and 5 weeks of vacation.
The Chronicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Digital Graphic Designer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly