DIRECTOR OF FINANCE/COMPTROLLER
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation expenses (i.e. PCS) or relocation incentives as described in 5 USC 5753 may be authorized in accordance with applicable travel regulations.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS: You will be assessed against the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs).They are designed to assess executive experience and potential - not technical expertise. They measure whether you have the broad executive skills needed in a variety of senior executive positions. Failure to meet a qualification requirement will disqualify an applicant. (Each must be addressed separately in your Supplemental Narrative Statement. The ECQs must not exceed 10 pages.)
(Note: Current career Senior Executive Service (SES); former career Senior Executive Service (SES) who are reinstatement-eligible; and graduates of OPM-certified Candidate Development Programs are not required to address the ECQs, but must address the Mandatory Technical Qualifications.)
1) Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2) Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent in this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3) Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent in the ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high- quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4) Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5) Building Coalitions: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, state and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Each must be addressed separately in your Supplemental Narrative Statement. Each MTQ must not exceed 2 pages.)
1. Knowledge of and experience in planning, programming, budgeting for Research Development Test & Evaluation (RDT&E), Procurement, Operations & Maintenance (O&M), and Military Construction (MILCON) appropriations and programs, including formulating budget estimates, justifying and presenting budget requests and managing budget execution.
2. Effective knowledge of government and DoD accounting and disbursing practices related to funds control, recording, disbursing, and reporting.
3. Effective knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, and financial management policies and practices including regulations governing appropriated, working capital and reimbursable funding.
4. Effective working knowledge of financial management information systems, including resource management systems with planning, programming, budgeting, accounting, and disbursing functionality.
5. Broad knowledge of the DON missions, their linkage, and managerial and analytical perspective to provide support services to internal and external customers who are dispersed geographically.
6. Broad knowledge of legislative issues as they relate to financial principles, methods, techniques, and systems.
For specific instructions for preparing your statement and definitions of these core qualifications are available at http://www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/ecq.asp
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
This position is in the Senior Executive Service (SES), a small elite group of top government leaders. SES members possess a diverse portfolio of experiences including strong skills to lead across organizations. As an executive, you will influence the direction of innovation and transformation of the federal government and lead the next generation of public servants.
This position is not covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
Veterans' preference does not apply to the Senior Executive Service.
Recruitment incentives may be authorized to eligible new hires.
A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee. A relocation incentive may be authorized.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please see the How To Apply section of this vacancy announcement.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants that meet the basic qualifications requirements will be evaluated based on the quality and extent of their experience, training, and/or education indicated on their resume and the qualification responses described in the separate narrative statement. Resumes will be evaluated by a rating and ranking panel, and highly qualified candidates may be invited to participate in a structured interview. The Ad-hoc Executive Resources Board (AERB) will review results and make recommendations on final selections to the approving authority.
If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
All qualifications requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.