Deputy Inspector General
25% or less - Occasional Travel will be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) required.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Registration with the Selective Service.
Applicants must posess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in responsibility and scope to the grade 15 level or above in the Federal service. Specialized experience is leading, managing and supervising of an Office of Inspector General or comparable organization. This experience must include providing policy direction and management in at least two of the following areas: investigations, audits, evaluations, legal, and management support activities of that organization.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
FDIC Executive Managers (EM) are not the Senior Executive Service (SES). As an EM at the FDIC, you will provide executive leadership and managerial direction over substantive activities related to planning, developing, executing, and coordinating the Corporation's programs and policies.
There is currently only one vacancy and candidates are encouraged to apply early to maximize their opportunity for consideration. Additional selections may be made should we determine there are more vacancies to fill in the same position.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans’ preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
- Expert knowledge of and experience working with the Inspector General Act and in administering the roles and functions of the OIG.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal Criminal law and procedure and Federal investigative standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the FDI Act and general banking law, regulations and practice.
- Demonstrated ability in overseeing the policies, strategies, and execution of an OIG investigation function.
- Demonstrated ability in management of personnel, programs and resources.
- Demonstrated ability and expertise in information security.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain and apply comprehensive knowledge of systems used by an agency as well as the framework and underlying concepts related to these systems for purposes of guiding and executing OIG activities related to using information as a management tool.
- Demonstrated ability in overseeing the planning and execution of OIG data analytics activities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience in Federal Government law, rules and regulations.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI Drug test required Yes