Assistant Manager, Digital Products Customer Care
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Assistant Manager for Customer Care is expected to be an expert in how The Washington Post is used and read across various digital channels - desktop and mobile websites, apps for Android, iOS, and to be able to communicate this expertise to others. This role is responsible for training customer care specialists in digital product knowledge, and for troubleshooting readers' issues with using The Washington Post on computers, tablets, and smartphones. The assistant manager will also be expected to provide support for home delivery customers and act as back up to the Assistant Manager for Home Delivery.
- Effectively troubleshoot reader issues by phone, email, live chat
- Development of written training materials for customer service representatives, creation of KnowledgeBase articles for internal and external use.
- Management of webinar training sessions
- Coaching, motivating and providing direction to customer services reps
- Prioritizing and delegating work to ensure that it's completed in a timely manner
- Completing or assisting with regular and special projects as assigned by management
- Organizing and maintaining reports and other documentation related to specific areas of assignment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present information to all levels of the organization
- Proficiency working in MS Office applications; ability to learn how to use various software applications
- Self- starter with a high degree of initiative, follow through and ability to work independently
- Well organized professional with service orientation and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong administrative and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple job demands, along with the ability to prioritize work from various sources
- Ability to work with a diverse customer and employee population
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive business and personnel matters
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a flexible environment
- Excellent attendance record
- Passion for consumer electronics
- 3- 5 years of customer service experience; tech industry a plus