Project Manager - Health Communications Strategy
Palladian Partners, an Altarum company, is looking for a Project Manager to support a high-profile federal client with strategic science and health communications planning and public health communication projects. Palladian Partners, Inc. is a dynamic science and health communications firm located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Our ongoing commitment to provide exceptional strategic communications, editorial support, distinctive design, and superior service to our clients is as unwavering as our desire to enrich people's lives with quality health information.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with at least 5 years’ experience leading small project teams supporting health communications projects. This person will be responsible for working directly with clients, planning communications projects and initiatives and working as part of an integrated project team with federal and non-government partners. The candidate should have a solid understanding of strategic communications, including digital strategy and content development for public health and science-oriented communication campaigns. To be successful in the role, the candidate must have robust attention to detail and an ability to maintain a positive relationship with demanding clients.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Work with clients to define overall health communications strategy and project objectives and to track progress against these objectives, providing updates at regular intervals
- Develop strategies for communicating with stakeholders and advocates through varied communications channels, including web, social media and other media platforms
- Work with other team members specializing in project management, content strategy, social media, graphic design, web development and editorial support to establish workflows and timelines
- Collaborate with team members to identify client needs and generate forward-thinking ideas to engage with targeted audiences to share information
- Oversee the creation of content for communication materials according to industry best practices
- Monitor and track project resources, deliverables and deadlines
- Review and evaluate the work of team members to ensure the highest standards of quality
- At least 5 years of project management and planning experience including experience proposing and implementing strategy
- Experience with health communications and partnerships with nonfederal organizations is a plus
- Ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Collaborative team player who works well as a manager and member of a matrix environment
- Flexible—willing to do the nitty-gritty work required to make a project successful
- Positive—ability to collaborate with and promote a positive relationship between colleagues, partners, and clients
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. This is a full-time, staff position located at Palladian's corporate headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.