Biomedical Science Writer
Palladian Partners, an Altarum Institute company, seeks a full-time biomedical science/health writer to work at our Silver Spring, MD, headquarters. Palladian Partners is a creative communications firm dedicated to disseminating information about new discoveries in health, medicine, and social science to professionals, educators, patients, families, and the public. In this position, you will interact with all levels of staff and use your outstanding writing skills on a wide range of print and web projects in support of high-profile clients.
To be considered for this position, you must be equally adept at writing for scientific audiences and the general public about a wide range of health and biomedical research topics.
- Conduct research and write web content about a wide range of biomedical research and public health topics
- Write and edit feature articles, news releases, fact sheets, infographic content, and other print and digital products
- Interview scientists and thought leaders at major U.S. research institutions
- Attend scientific conferences and summarize proceedings
- Contribute to social media and video projects
- Work directly with clients and collaborate with other staff members
- Three+ years of science writing and editing experience for websites and print materials
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science, journalism, English, or similar field; advanced degree in a life science is a plus
- Ability to translate very technical scientific content into lively prose for lay audiences
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver outstanding web and print content on deadline
- Outstanding customer service skills
You’ll Earn Bonus Points if You Have Experience
- Writing health marketing communications content
- Developing web content strategy
- Producing social media content
- Writing and editing for low-literacy audiences
- Writing video scripts and speeches
- Attending and writing summaries of scientific meetings
- Writing and editing journal articles
- Working in a government contracting environment
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian’s dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.