6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - travel may be required approximately up to 10% of the time to visit field sites, attend conferences, and provide training.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Moving expenses may be authorized in IAW Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) and agency budget.
The minimum qualification requirements must be met before applicants are eligible for further consideration:
Bar membership: Applicant must currently be a member in good standing of the bar of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Experience: For GS-14 or equivalent - Applicant must have three or more years of professional legal experience, acquired after being admitted to the bar, commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position. Graduation from an ABA-Accredited Law School in the top 25% of the class or an advanced law degree such as an LLM may substitute for one year of the required professional legal experience.
**** ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS BY CLOSING DATE 12/24/2018****
1) A resume with vacancy announcement number annotated.
2) Official law school transcripts and an official statement of relative class standing. Photo copies are acceptable when applying.
3) Copy of official certificate showing that the applicant is a member in good standing of the bar and a sworn and notarized statement by the candidate that his or her fitness to practice law or conduct as an attorney has never been challenged in any jurisdiction or; if either has been challenged, a sworn and notarized statement giving the facts and circumstances, and any other explanation that the applicant considers appropriate. As an alternative to a sworn and notarized statement, a declaration under penalty of perjury may be submitted in the following format: I declare (or certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct ... executed on (date)(signature of applicant)." (28 U.S.C.1746). The official certificate and statement of fitness must be dated within three months of the date the application is submitted. The certificate and statement are required to be submitted by all applicants including attorneys currently appointed to positions under the qualifying authority of the Judge Advocate General of the Army.
4) List of three professional references. References from current and former supervisors are preferred. Please provide name, title, mailing address, telephone number, and relationship for each reference. We may contact references as part of the interview process.
5) A writing sample, which shall not exceed 10 pages including cover sheets, tables of content, etc. Any pages after page 10 will be discarded and not considered.
6) Current federal employees or reinstatement eligible applicants must submit a copy of their latest SF 50 and most recent performance evaluation. Applicants currently serving in the military must also submit a copy of their most recent OER and/or DD 214. (Items 2, 3, and 4 above do not apply to Current Corps of Engineers Attorneys).
NOTE: ALSO ALL APPLICANTS MUST ADDRESS THE FOLLOWING KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES, IN NARRATIVE FORM:
1) Knowledge and experience regarding federal procurement and fiscal laws, regulations, policies and procedures preferably related to USACE's Military, Civil Works, and Support for others programs.
2) Experience and ability to function effectively as a legal counselor and advisor to senior military and civilian management officials and project delivery teams.
3) Experience and ability to work, provide high-quality legal and policy advice and balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
4) Knowledge and experience regarding federal bid protest and contract disputes litigation.
5) Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
TIME IN GRADE REQUIREMENTS: If currently employed as an attorney by the Federal Government you must have completed 1 year at the next lower level within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement, or previously served at the same or higher grade as the position being filled.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 56 position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- A relocation incentive may be approved.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. If qualified, your application package will be evaluated as to whether and how your experience, knowledge, skills, training and/or education clearly reflect that you possess the required knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of this position.
NOTICE OF VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: There is no formal rating system for applying veterans' preference to attorney appointments in the excepted service; however, the Department of Army considers veterans' preference eligibility a positive factor for attorney hiring. Applicants eligible for veterans' preference must include that information in their cover letter or resume and attach supporting documentation (e.g. DD form 214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty") to their submissions. (DD Form 214 is available from the DoD Forms Management Program Website at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/inofmgt/forms/formsprogram.htm). Although the point preference system is not used, applicants eligible to claim a 10 point preference must submit a Standard Form (SF) 15, Application for 10- Point Veteran's Preference, and supporting documentation required for specific type of preference claimed. (SF15, which lists the types of 10-point preference and the required supporting documents, is available from the Office of Personnel Management website at www.opm.gov)