Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened from the Office of Personnel Management's (OPMs) basic qualifications requirements. See: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-ADMIN for OPM qualification standards, competencies and specialized experience needed to perform the duties of the position as described in the MAJOR DUTIES and QUALIFICATIONS sections of this announcement by 12/12/2018
Applicant must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience is typically in or directly related to the work of the position to be filled. Experience must be reflected in your resume.
Specialized experience required for this position is:
- Ability to form, strengthen, and manage relationships and work effectively with both technical experts and senior government officials.
- Skilled in planning, organizing, and directing a diverse workforce of government and contractor personnel in building and participating in integrated, interdisciplinary teams.
- Understanding the techniques of program and project management principles and methods, including qualitative and quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness.
- Utilizes logic and reasoning to identify strength and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Specifically you will be evaluated on the following competencies:
1. Organizational Awareness
2. Technical Competence
3. Leveraging Diversity
Please review the General Application Information and Definitions at: DOD GEN APP INFO
This position is a Senior Level DCIPS position. DCIPS Senior Level positions include GG-14. The NRO is accepting applications from both Federal Government employees and non-Federal Government employees for this position. Federal government employees, who currently are a GS/GG-14, or equivalent may ONLY apply for lateral reassignment at their current grade level, step, and salary.
All current and former civilian Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF50 (Notification of Personnel Action) showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive); or similar Notification of Personnel Action documentation, i.e., Transcript of Service, Form 1150, etc.
VETERANS PREFERENCE/CURRENT OR FORMER FEDERAL
In accordance with DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, veterans preference is not required to be applied when considering candidates with prior Federal competitive or excepted service who have completed a probationary or trial period and have not been separated for cause. Therefore, veterans preference will not be applied to applicants with current federal service, or former federal civilian service meeting the above criteria.
Re-employed Annuitant: This position does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at:
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information:
- Applicants selected from this announcement may be required to serve a two-year trial period.
- If selected, Federal employees currently serving in the competitive service must acknowledge that they will voluntarily leave the competitive service by accepting an offer of employment for a DCIPS excepted service positions.
- If selected, non-DCIPS candidates must acknowledge in writing that the position they have been selected for is in the excepted service and covered by DCIPS.
- Selection under this appointment authority does not confer civil service competitive status.
- All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
Please review the General Application Information and Definitions at:
General Application Information
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.