PROGRAM QUALITY SPECIALIST
Occasional travel - Business travel is required 20% of the time.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
WRAIR is participating in an alternative personnel system knows as the Personnel Demonstration Project (PDP). The DB-02 pay band is equivalent to the GS-05 step 1 to GS-12 step 10 level. For this position management is hiring at the higher end of the pay scale (GS-09 step 1 to GS-12 step 10). In keeping with the Demonstration pay fixing policies, employees earning a salary that falls within the pay band equivalent, may not receive an immediate pay increase (promotion) if appointed to this position. Future pay increases within the pay band will be accomplished through the pay for performance management system.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Program Quality Specialist:
Degree: Bachelor's or graduate (or higher level) degree with major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position. This degree must be from an educational program accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes: (1) assessing quality of services at international sites; (2) tracking progress against planned goals and objectives; and (3) developing information data requirements based on the needs of an activity. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (DB-02/GS-07).
Education: Master's or equivalent graduate degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position, such as: medical field, health sciences or allied sciences. (Transcripts must be uploaded at the time of application.)
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the first year (total graduate semester hours minus 18) by 18. Add the two percentages. (Transcripts must be uploaded at the time of application.)
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Database Administration
- Manages and Organizes Information
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial period is required.
- This is a contingent (TERM) appointment, NTE 5 years. Individuals selected for this term position may be eligible for conversion to career-conditional appointment at a later date. To be converted, the employee must (1) have been selected for the contingent position under competitive procedures, (2) must have served 2 years of substantially continuous service in the contingent appointment, (3) be selected under merit promotion procedures for the permanent position, and (4) have a current rating of "B" or better.
- This is a TERM position NTE 5 years. MRMC Command is authorized to extend a contingent appointment one additional year.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.