HR Business Partner/Senior HR Business Partner (1257-679)
The HR Business Partner provides HR support to assigned client groups, ensuring effective and impactful implementation of human resources practices, processes and programs that support organizational effectiveness and development. The incumbent will perform a wide range of HR activities closely engaging as a strategic business collaborator translating business strategies into HR priorities and providing advice/coaching to staff and leadership. The HR Business Partner will drive cross-functional initiatives within the organization and is expected to play a key role in benchmarking best practices and leveraging relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a trusted advisor of client leaders. Builds the business partner relationship with management and staff. Understands the business, goals, and challenges and identifies and/or helps to address systemic issues. Provides continuous coaching and guidance to client group regarding organizational issues that are impacting its overall effectiveness. Conduct appropriate diagnosis and potential interventions.
- Manages challenging and complex employee relations matters. Recognizes issues and problems that are interfering with the effectiveness of the individual’s or the organization’s performance. Develops recommendations and provides guidance to clients for resolutions.. Analyzes trends and root causes and looks for opportunities to improve work environment and client group satisfaction when appropriate.
- Assists managers with all aspects of the annual performance management and development process including coaching client groups on effective documentation practices for good and poor performance. Ensures legal compliance and provides constructive feedback to evaluator to improve quality of evaluation where necessary.
- Provides a high level of service to staff and management by managing expectations and driving results. Provides information and direction to employees regarding policies, performance improvement and career development.
- Identifies talent gaps and development needs of the client groups, its managers, and staff in key positions. Plays a role in implementing succession planning, career management, performance management and recruiting strategies.
- Partners with HR Centers of Excellence (e.g., Talent Acquisition, Staff Engagement, Compensation, Benefits, HRIS and Learning & Development) to address related issues and problems and to ensure client groups receive the necessary services, support and communications from these centralized HR functions.
- Drives the communication and understanding of the USP commitment to diversity and inclusion, Creates and champions appropriate action plans.
- Conducts exit interviews with terminating employees for client groups; advises them of benefits termination and future options. Analyzes employee feedback, consults with supervisor for areas of continuous improvement where needed.
- Manages projects and initiatives as assigned, ensuring high-quality deliverables and partnership with various organizations inside and outside of Human Resources.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, Business or related field required.
- Experience Levels
- HR BP: A minimum of 4 years of HR experience with at least 2 years as a generalist with a strong focus on identifying ways to increase organizational effectiveness
- Senior HR BP: A minimum of 6 years of HR experience with at least 4 years as a generalist with a strong focus on identifying ways to increase organizational effectiveness
- Experience in most areas of human resources but specifically in employee relations, organizational effectiveness, people development and compensation.
- Highly developed listening skills coupled with the consistent utilization of a consultative approach.
- Advanced degree in Organization Development, HR Management, Industrial Relations, or related field a plus.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills leading to effective problem resolution, but also understands importance of intuition and instinct in the decision making process.
- Knowledge of OD concepts and models such as team effectiveness, change management, facilitation and leadership development.
- Conveys a positive and professional demeanor to employees at all times and possesses a high level of integrity.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Must possess well-developed interpersonal communications, negotiation, writing, speaking, and strong listening skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment with minimal direction/guidance but also knows when to escalate issues.
- Adept at functioning effectively within a team environment, present ideas and opinions in a respective and collegial manner
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to positively communicate, motivate, and influence at all levels in the organization.
- Exceptional customer service disposition- enabling ability to effectively coach and provide value-add consultative services
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution, relationship and team building skills
- Core knowledge of HR principles, theories and concepts and all related local and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong results/goal orientation.
- Strong proficiency/experience with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular