DIRECTOR FOR POLICY/PROJECTS
The Director for Policy/Projects is a member of BENS’ small policy team, reporting to BENS’ Senior Vice President for Policy/Projects.
The Director for Policy/Projects helps develop and manage national security-related projects and activities, normally in partnership with one or more federal agencies and/or congressional committees in the national security arena. This portfolio should have familiarity with the Department of Defense and military services, the Department of Homeland Security and its subcomponent entities, the law enforcement and intelligence community, and all relevant oversight committees. Knowledge and ease in dealing with the Departments of Treasury, Commerce, and State is a plus. We focus with respect to all on issues related to improving the effectiveness of business operations, including through innovative reform of management, procurement/acquisition practices, enterprise-wide shared services, etc. The position requires building relationships, building teams and producing results. The incumbent takes the lead on some projects and supports staff colleagues on others. Engaging the organization’s members in each effort is a primary part of the incumbent’s responsibilities.
- Five to ten years professional experience in the public or private sector, including project management experience
- Advanced communication skills (oral and written)
- Comfortable working with high level officials and business executives
- Experience running (and letting others run) working meetings
- Strong interest in national security, homeland security, and U.S. government organization and processes
- A working knowledge of national security-related innovation and reform issues and challenges. Familiarity with management and/or acquisition reform efforts useful.
- Master’s degree or Juris Doctor preferred
- Flexibility to travel (travel not extensive; only periodic)
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (less than 4 pages) to Mara Rudman, BENS Senior Vice President for Policy/Projects, at email@example.com.
Apply for DIRECTOR FOR POLICY/PROJECTS
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly