Management and Program Analyst (Planning, Policy and Performance)
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel 1 to 2 times per year.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This position is designated as High Risk and requires a background investigation. Unless an appropriate background investigation is already on record with the Office of Personnel Management, you must undergo a background investigation.
You must meet time in grade requirements no later than 30 calendar days after the closing date of this announcement.
In order to be qualified at the GS-13 level, you must possess at least one year of experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service. The work experience described in your resume must clearly reflect through examples of work that you have performed work that meets the specialized experience requirement for this position, as defined below, or your application will be rated "Ineligible". Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- Experience overseeing and coordinating the collection, reporting and analyzing of performance activities and results in compliance with the requirements of laws and regulations and Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA). Performing internal productivity and resources use reviews, analysis and reporting to assess programmatic and operational efficiency, assess progress toward strategic objectives, and enhance performance accountability to improve business procedures and practices. Managing the production of briefings, follow-up questions regarding programmatic policy and systems issues, background papers and materials for various audiences (e.g., senior level officials).
Your answers to the on-line assessment will be used to evaluate your competencies in the following areas:
- Knowledge of advanced analytical and evaluative methods and thorough understanding of programs to select and apply appropriate program evaluation and measurement techniques.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards (e.g., GAGAS, FMFIA, NIST, etc.) as it applies to strategic planning, performance measurement and reporting.
- Knowledge of management principles to include preparing and administering a project budget: project planning and management; negotiating project requirements; participating on workgroups establishing strategies, goals, objectives, and/or priorities.
- Knowledge of organizational mission and new legislation related to relevant policies and processes to make recommendations on process improvements.
You do not need a degree to qualify for this position.
Are you a Displaced Federal Employee? If so, please read the Required Documents section and visit the EPA website for additional information: EPA Announcement Policies and Procedures
EPA participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that enables participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees. For additional information: EPA Announcement Policies and Procedures.
This information is used to determine your qualifications for employment. The use of this information is authorized under Title 5 USC, Sections 3302 and 3361.
This position is not in the bargaining unit.
If you are selected, travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid by EPA. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting to work in this position will be your responsibility.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and required documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your resume must address the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the Qualifications section. If you meet basic qualification requirements, your application will be further evaluated based on your answers to the online assessment. Your responses to the online assessment will be used to measure the degree to which your background matches the requirements for the position. You are being evaluated under the category rating method which means, if you are determined to be qualified, you will be placed into the ‘Best Qualified’, ‘Well Qualified’, or ‘Qualified’ category.
We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. We will evaluate your qualifications and eligibility and notify you if you meet minimum qualification requirements. If you are referred for consideration, you may be subject to additional assessments.
NOTE: We do not require a separate statement responding to the competencies, also referred to as Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs). However, your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Applicable Drug test required No