Interdisciplinary (Program Director)
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation MAY be paid contingent upon the availability of funds.
You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position.
All online applicants must provide a valid email address. If your email address is inaccurate or your mailbox is full or blocked, you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
This position is in the bargaining unit.
Please preview "Evaluations" section and "Qualifications" for additional requirements and Quality Ranking Factors.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. in any Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field, plus after award of the Ph.D., six or more years of successful experience in some combination of research, education, research administration, technology transfer, corporate management, and/or academic leadership; and supports the EPSCoR goal of STEM capacity building and competitiveness enhancement within the EPSCoR jurisdictions.
Experience in management of center-scale activities is especially valuable. Academic experience as a successful principal investigator with a record of research grants/contracts is also desirable. The incumbent should have effective communication skills and should be able to demonstrate the ability to represent the U.S. Government on matters related to science and technology, especially within multilateral organizations.
This position is outside the competitive civil service.
You must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Relocation expenses MAY be paid contingent upon the availability of funds
This announcement is open to (All US Citizens OR current NSF employees) who meet citizenship and eligibility requirements.
Federal Appropriations Law requires that Non-Citizens meet certain eligibility criteria to be considered. Therefore, Non-Citizens must certify eligibility by signing and attaching this Citizenship Affidavit to their application. Non-citizens who do not provide the affidavit at the time of application will not be considered.
This announcement may be used to fill like positions in other organizations within the National Science Foundation.
NSF has determined that all of its positions are eligible for telework. Work suitable for telework depends on job duties; therefore, employees must receive approval from their supervisor for telework and have a telework agreement in place. Entering into a telework agreement is voluntary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the extent and quality of your experience, expertise, education, and research activities relevant to the duties of the position.
We strongly encourage you to specifically address the Quality Ranking Factors below. This will ensure that you receive full consideration in the evaluation process.
Quality Ranking Factors
- Knowledge and understanding of scientific principles and theories applicable to your area of discipline demonstrated by publications, invited talks, and/or professional recognition.
- Skill in evaluation of research and education activities for a multidisciplinary program. Ability to manage an externally reviewed proposal driven grants program, allocating resources to meet a spectrum of program goals.
- Professional analytical and technical writing skills which evidence experience in presentation of extensive inquiry into a wide variety of significant issues and make recommendations and decisions based on findings.
- Ability to interact effectively with members of the scientific community, representatives of other federal agencies, foreign national programs and peers to effectively present, advocate and advance program policies, plans and goals.
- Ability to recognize and formulate programmatic plans that respond to emerging areas of research.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting in pursuit of program goals and objectives.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No