Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an Materials Handler without more than normal supervision. Check and assemble materials, process shipping/distribution documents, route materials and equipment to correct locations or storage areas; Unpack boxes, cartons, and other containers and disassembles and distributes unit loads received; Check supplies medical/non-medical for nomenclature, stock number, quantity and condition; Locate, access, load, and move materials for shipments from trucks; Pack, crate, mark and ensure proper documentation of material for shipment; Determine appropriate method for shipment and distribution of material. Utilize automated systems such as optical readers and scanners, bar code wands and computer terminals to record inventory data. - Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc.
- Dexterity and Safety
- Knowledge of Materials
- Work Practices (includes keeping things neat, clean, and in order)
- The worker is required to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time, and to bend, stoop, and work in tiring and sometimes uncomfortable positions. They frequently lift or carry items weighing up to 40 pounds unassisted. The heavier items (up to 70 pounds) are moved with weight handling equipment or with assistance from other workers.
- The work is performed inside or outside in areas that may be hot, damp, cold, drafty, or poorly lighted. The worker is exposed to the possibility of cuts, scrapes, bruises, abrasions, falls, and injury from falling stock or mechanized work areas. The worker may be subject to exposure from toxins, explosive hazards, or chemical fumes when working in hazardous materials areas. The work may require wearing protective clothing such as hardhats, steel toes shoes, rubber gloves, masks, and rubber aprons.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.