Office of Financial Aid
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Functional Analyst in the Office of Financial Aid. Reporting to the Associate Director, FA Systems, the Functional Analyst will provide daily management and support of PeopleSoft Financial Aid production processes. Provide support for daily functions by running system processes, including, but not limited to, the loading of FAFSAs, authorizations and disbursements, transmission of files to and from Dept. of Education and initiating student communications. The Functional Analyst will also troubleshoot simple system issues and escalate non-simple issues to senior FA Systems staff as appropriate.
Must be able to meet and maintain access requirements for secure federal and/or state websites, such as the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). Individuals cannot currently be in default on a student loan.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Oversee, perform and support PeopleSoft Financial Aid production processing on a daily basis, ensure quality control, troubleshoot errors and generate solutions as needed. Processes include, but are not limited to, loading of FAFSA data, processing of financial aid authorizations and disbursements, transmission of files to and from Dept. of Education and generation of communications to students.
- Provide status/data reports for system processes.
- Make suggestions for system process improvement.
- Generate query reports providing process and student data.
- Analyze and troubleshoot system-related issues for FA units. Escalate higher-level issues within the FA Systems unit for resolution.
- Test business processes and/or system modifications to maximize efficiency.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Two (2) years of experience using PeopleSoft financial aid software or other financial aid software system.
- One (1) year experience in higher education financial aid.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong technological skills, including knowledge of integrated financial aid systems and Microsoft Office Word, and Excel.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- PeopleSoft experience preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.