Junior Project Manager
Sparks Group is seeking a driven Junior Project Manager that is eager to learn. You will be joining a reputable and fast growing full service communications agency in Bethesda, MD. As a Junior Project Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating the community outreach and public information activities for various transportation construction projects. You will attend any required public meetings and participate in all construction related communications activities on behalf of clients and be the point of contact for the stakeholders to ask questions and share concerns.
Worksite location – Everyone at this company works remotely, including this Junior Project Manager position. There will be times when you’ll need to work onsite at client’s sights as well as attend weekly team meetings in Bethesda, MD.
- Supports Project Manager as needed.
- Supports strategic and tactical operation of project.
- Support staffing levels and calls on others within the company or consultants (with prior permission) to fulfill client requirements.
- Coordinate with client and creative team for development and approvals of meeting materials.
- Supports management of budget.
- Coordinates with other company staff to complete assignments by requesting other company services (example, creative services, public meetings staffing, reports, media services, PR services, etc.).
- Plans, organizes and executes public outreach campaigns including developing public information plans.
- Plans meetings and outreach events.
- Oversees development of content for outreach materials.
- Secures necessary approvals for content.
- Organize and collect equipment, materials, signage, etc. for public meetings.
- Staff public meetings for any project as necessary.
- Attend weekly staff meetings (in person or via Zoom).
- Participate in and support all projects as staffing is needed.
- College degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- 3+ years of commensurate experience required.
- Knowledge of public information process at transportation agencies a plus.
- Experience developing and implementing public information plans a plus.
- Experience organizing and executing public outreach marketing plans a plus.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.